Our 2021 Private Standards Are Now Live!
The Council on Accreditation (COA) is proud to announce the publication of our 2021 Private Standards!
The new standards will affect private organizations seeking accreditation.
In response to feedback from accredited organizations, COA revised the standards update process in 2020 from ongoing/monthly updates to annual updates. The 2021 updates reflect that annual process and include changes that were made based on ongoing collection and analysis of feedback received from our organizations and volunteer reviewers, collaboration with diverse groups of subject matter experts, and a review of research and professional literature on identified trends and evolving practices.
The 2021 updates include:
- New Standards for Office-Based Opioid Treatment (MHSU)
- Updated Standards for Child and Youth Behavioral Health Programs (MHSU)
- Updated Standards for Child and Family Development and Support (CFD)
- Updated Standards for Family Preservation and Stabilization (FPS)
- Updated Standards for Treatment Foster Care (FKC)
- Updated Standards for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Additional updates and revisions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
You can download the detailed changes for each of the updated sections in our 2021 Update document available here or in your MyCOA portal.
Note: The 2021 Edition will not impact organizations that are currently pursuing accreditation or re-accreditation and have already been assigned standards in the MyCOA portal. If you are an in-process organization and have questions about the updates, please contact your Accreditation Coordinator.