1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Contact us. If you contact us through email, we collect your email address. We collect this type of contact information to answer your queries or respond to an inquiry from you in connection with your use of the Services, and to provide you support or other services you request.
- Fill Out a Form: When you fill out our forms, we collect your first name, last name, company, and email address. We collect this information so that we can determine which program or service might be right for you and send you the appropriate information.
- Use our Services: Through your use of our Site, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual, or that, along with other information, could identify you (collectively, “Personal Information”).
- Contact Data. You may choose to submit your name and contact information so that we may direct you to appropriate resources to assist your organization through the accreditation process. You may also choose to register an account through our client and/or volunteer portals. Both portals require your first name, last name, and business contact information, including email and telephone number. We collect this information so that we can communicate with you and provide you access to secure information.
- Information We Collect Automatically:
- Log data. Our servers automatically record certain information sent by your browser, such as your web page or resource request, your Internet Protocol address, your referring URL, your browser type and operating system, and the date and time of your request.
- Third party data. We may obtain Personal Information from public information that we collect as part of the Service from third party websites such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, or any other means.
- Cookie data. We may use “cookies” (or other similar technologies) for the purposes set forth below. Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit and stored in your web browser. When you visit the same website again later, this stored cookie is returned to the website. In this way, the website recognizes your browser and can, for example, retain your preferences such as your choice of language. We use first-party cookies, which are cookies that our website sends to your device, and third-party cookies, which are cookies that we allow third parties to send to your device.
- Required cookies. These cookies are required for making use of the Services. These cookies include security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use, and protect user data from unauthorized parties as well as session cookies that remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Services.
- Functional cookies. These cookies record some of your activity on the Services as well as information about your device, such as what browser you are running, and what pages you access. This information helps us and our third-party service providers diagnose server and software errors, and, in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Payment data. When you conduct an electronic transaction on our Site, we collect information about you including, your name and billing address. All sensitive payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers, cardholder’s name, card expiration date and security code), is processed by PayPal and not maintained on our Site. You may wish to review PayPal’s privacy policies and contact them if you have any questions about their privacy practices. More information can be found at: https://www.paypal.com/va/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- Apply for employment: When you apply for employment on our Careers page, we collect your first name, last name, address, email address, phone number, work permit status, and citizenship status. For EEOC compliance, we also collect your sex and racial/ethnic background identification.
- Apply to volunteer. When you apply to be a volunteer with us, we collect your first name, last name, address, and email address.
- Request notification for future employment openings. If you choose to be notified of future employment openings, we collect your name and email address.
- Report a concern. When you fill out our ‘Report a Concern’ form, we collect your first name, last name, and email address, so that we may communicate with you.
- Mobile Device Data: When you access our Site using your mobile device data, we collect device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with service providers that facilitate the provision of our Services, and as necessary to run our business efficiently and to comply with legal and other obligations.
- Corporate Partners. We may share Personal Information within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, in order to conduct our business efficiently and to exchange business intelligence to the extent permitted by law. We may also use anonymized data for analytics and to prepare market insights.
- Corporate Reorganization. In the event we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, Personal Information which we hold about you would be part of the assets and we would share it with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. If we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, Personal Information would be part of the liquidation assets and we would share it with third parties in the course of such proceedings.
- To Prevent Harm. We will share Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person and organization.
- Legal Purposes. We will share Personal Information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- With Your Consent. Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your Personal Information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal Information, or before the Personal Information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
3. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the Personal Information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. We utilize various technologies including but not limited to SSL encryption, IP-based access control, and individual user authentication to guard against unauthorized access to Personal Information in our systems.
Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
How long do we keep your information? We retain Personal Information collected through the Site for as long as necessary to serve the purpose for which it was provided.
We also retain information for as long as necessary for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights, fulfill our contractual obligations or for certain business requirements.
5. DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform webites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. For further details, visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
6. YOUR CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INFORMATION
Correct, view, or delete your information. To correct, view, or delete certain Personal Information relating to you in our possession, such as name and email address, you must contact us using the contact information provided below. If you request that we delete certain information, you may not be able to access the Services.
Emails and Communications. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in the communication, or by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
Cookies. If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
How to change your cookie settings. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
If you do not accept cookies, you may still interact with the Site, but will not be automatically recognized as an prior visitor. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of the Site may not function properly.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to analyze how people interact with our Site. See http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google uses the information provided to Google Analytics. You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using any of the methods set forth here or using the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on here.
Fullstory: We use Fullstory to analyze how people interact across multiple pages on our Site, such as the pages visited, links clicked, and mouse movements. For more information on how Fullstory uses this information, see their privacy notice at https://www.fullstory.com/optout.
Pardot: We use Pardot to track visitors on our website and to monitor performance of our marketing campaigns. Pardot collects your browser information, cookie data, present date/time, page views, your IP address, and location based data. For more information on how Pardot uses this information, see their privacy notice at https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_prospect_opt_out_manually.htm&type=5.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
This Site and our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of thirteen (13) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share information from children. If you become concerned that we may have collected data from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
10. CONTACT US
1825 K St. N.W., Suite 600
Washington, DC 20006