- This event has passed.
Taking Back Your Narrative: About the New Congress
March 22 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Taking Back Your Narrative is an exciting new webinar series from Social Current’s Public Policy & Government Relations office. This series will empower social sector organizations, staff, and volunteers to transform their expertise, lived experience, and passions into an effective advocacy strategy to create local, regional, and national change.
This webinar, the second in the series, will offer novice and seasoned policy and change advocates a concise and practical overview of the 118th U.S. Congress, including tips and tricks to advocate and educate members of Congress effectively.
Sessions in this Series
- Advocacy 101 for the Social Sector: Feb. 22 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- About the New Congress: March 22 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- Policy Briefing (Topic TBD by the Network): May 2 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- A fundamental understanding of the structure and political dynamics that animate the 118th Congress
- Tips for being more comfortable when educating members of Congress and discussing social sector topics
- About Social Current’s 2022-2024 federal policy agenda and how it is being implemented in the 118th Congress
Who Should Participate
- Social Sector staff and volunteers with responsibility for or interest in federal policy advocacy.
Blair Abelle-Kiser, Ph.D. (She/Her)
Senior Director of Government Affairs