As a follow up to the popular webinar earlier this year, leaders from Congreso de Latinos Unidos will share how they use human-centered design to drive performance management and quality improvement strategy, and moreover, why design-thinking is an essential foundation to their organizational culture.
This webinar will build on the concepts and tools discussed in Part 1, including a deeper dive into:
- How to assess your organization’s capacity for design thinking
- Human-centered design’s return on investment
- The mindset, strategies, and skills that encourage incremental culture shift
This 90-minute webinar will also offer an opportunity for networking and discussion. Participants will have time to reflect on their organization’s strengths and opportunities related to design thinking and will have the chance to engage in discussion related to current or potential opportunities for incorporating design and innovation culture to improve performance management.
Watch the webinar Building a “How Might We?” Culture Part 1: Using Human-Centered Design to Strengthen Performance and Quality Management on demand.
- How Congreso de Latinos Unidos applies key concepts in human-centered design to their performance and quality improvement strategies
- Learn about and practice with a tool to better understand where your organization is in its developmental trajectory related to building a culture of design and innovation
- Analyze the impact and return on investment of shifting from a compliance culture to a culture of innovation, considering the experience of both staff and individuals served
- Consider leadership strategies and practical design skills that can help create buy-in at your organization
Who Should Participate
- Executive and senior leaders
- Performance and quality improvement professionals
- Leaders in program design and innovation
- Research and evaluation leaders
- Grants management professionals