- This event has passed.
Building Workforce Resilience: Core Concepts and Strategies to Partner with Staff
September 12, 2022 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
This workshop is a pre-conference session of the SPARK 2022 conference.
Many organizations are struggling with low staff morale, and the threat of high turnover. With employees feeling emotionally and physically exhausted, depleted by COVID-19, and despondent around challenges to advancing equity, leaders are searching for strategies.
This pre-conference session will help leaders in all stages of their careers create positive staff cultures that promote excellence and compassion resilience. Participants will explore foundational concepts and strategies for building a workforce that can stay well and healthy while working in constantly changing environments and partnering with people who are experiencing complex challenges in their lives.
Social Current experts on trauma-informed, resilience-oriented approaches and leadership excellence will share up-to-date learnings around understanding and responding to stress, distress, and trauma in our workforce. We will explore how to advance positive workforce goals such as managing conflict, nurturing relationships, embracing equity, and achieving positive outcomes. Leave this pre-conference session with strategies for increasing regulation, self-compassion, and connection, as well as accountability and effective communication. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the cornerstone concepts for building a resilient workforce that can adapt and thrive in times of change and challenge.
- Foundational concepts of workforce resilience
- Brain science concepts and strategies to increase resilience in your workplace
- Drivers of workforce concerns: Compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma, burnout, secondary traumatic stress, moral injury, and vicarious trauma
- Practical tools and strategies for preventing workforce concerns and mitigating their impact
- Strategies for building staff resilience in virtual and hybrid workspaces
- Two to three new resilience-building strategies to apply to your workplace
Director of the Change in Mind Institute
Director of Practice Excellence