- This event has passed.
Media Engagement and Crisis Communications Training: Shifting to More Proactive Strategies
November 9, 2022 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
This training webinar will first explore basic media engagement techniques, including responding to media inquiries, moving to a more proactive approach to media engagement, understanding media terminology, and engaging in social media platforms.
The second half will focus on crisis communications for communications strategies geared toward child welfare organizations. It will cover common types of crises, how to prepare ahead of time, and tips for activating your crisis plan.
- How to effectively respond to media inquiries
- How to engage in more proactive media engagement activities with a goal of shaping media messages
- A strong understanding of the processes that guide media engagement
- A set of processes for managing crisis communications
- A set of tools that enable media engagement
Who Should Participate
- Communications directors and executives and public information officers who are tasked with responding to media inquiries and developing and implementing media strategies for their organizations, agencies, and jurisdictions.
Senior Account Executive