Provide Insight on EDI Databases from the Social Current Knowledge and Insights Center
The Social Current Knowledge and Insights Center, our comprehensive online resource library, is currently running trials around two equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) related databases, and our library team is looking for your feedback. Once you enter the databases we want to know, is the content you’re finding in each database useful? What do you like/dislike about the content interface? Did you find what you were looking for? What’s missing?
Reach out to the library team with your thoughts on the two databases by Jan. 31.
About the Databases
The first database is the Ethnic Diversity Source and covers the culture, traditions, social treatment, and lived experiences of different ethnic groups in America. It provides full texts from a growing list of sources including peer-reviewed journals, magazines, e-books, biographies, and primary source documents. Recent titles include:
- Immigrant Generation, Race, and Socioeconomic Outcomes of Mothers in Urban Cities: Who Fares Better?
- Eroding White Supremacy: A Curricular and Humanist Approach to Bridging the Racial Reality Gap
- “Leaving the World Better Than We Saw It:” Imperatives for General and Special Educators
The second database is the eBook Subscription Diversity & Ethnic Studies (EBSCOhost), an e-book collection that includes thousands of high-quality e-books assessed by librarians on the topic of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Example titles include:
- Eliminating Race-Based Mental Health Disparities: Promoting Equity and Culturally Responsive Care Across Settings
- Black Fatigue: How Racism Erodes the Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Bodies and Barriers: Queer Activists on Health
Accessing the Databases
Staff from organizations that have enrolled in Social Current’s engagement packages should log into the Knowledge and Insights Center using their learning community account. Need help creating or accessing an existing account? Contact the learning community team.
Once logged in, you will be taken to the Social Current Library landing page and should follow the instructions below:
- Click “Access the Library”
- Scroll down and click “Choose Databases” above the search bar
- Choose “Ethnic Diversity Source” and “eBook Subscription Diversity & Ethnic Studies (EBSCOhost)” only
- Enter any search word (For example: Equity)
- Hit “Search” and begin exploring
Note: The Knowledge and Insights Center is only available to staff enrolled in Social Current’s Engagement Packages. To learn more about our engagement packages, join us on Jan. 21 for our informational webinar.