- This event has passed.
Lost in Translation: Bridging the Gap Between Development and Finance
November 4, 2021 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Does it sometimes feel like there’s a rift between the priorities of the finance team and the goals of the development team? Is your organization at a crossroads in effective internal collaboration?
Join the experts from Your Part-Time Controller (YPTC) in an engaging and interactive discussion that will focus on strategies for overcoming the most common barriers to collaborative relationships between development and finance teams. Identify solutions and learn how to implement them based on real-world success stories. Participants will walk away with the tools—and confidence—to build a collaborative relationship between these departments, no matter the size of the organization and number of staff. With newfound trust and accountability, financial goals and program outcomes can be accomplished more efficiently and equitably.
- Discuss common barriers that can cause the breakdown of collaborative relationships between development and finance staff
- Share common reporting differences between development and finance departments
- Identify solutions that support collaboration between departments
- Provide tips for building collaborative relationships between development and finance staff
- Chief development officers
- Finance managers and staff
- Fund development managers and staff
Justine Townsend, CPA
Manager, Your Part-Time Controller
Staff Accountant, Your Part-Time Controller