September 12 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Organizations that Have Enterprise Engagement Packages and/or Achieved COA Accreditation $195
- Other Organizations $255
This workshop is a pre-conference session of the SPARK 2022 conference.
Organizations and staff working to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) require more than just technical knowledge and the desire to act. They also must understand the multiple ways in which bias manifests in our daily lives and working relationships in unconscious ways. This interactive workshop will help participants build their understanding of how implicit bias operates at the individual and organizational levels, along with a variety of strategies for addressing bias and building inclusive habits and practices.
- How brain function, culture, and society contribute to implicit bias
- Conduct a self-reflection on personal biases
- Common ways that implicit bias is present in the workplace, and how mental processes and culture contribute
- Strategies for disrupting bias in daily work and in organizational culture and practices
Director of EDI ad Research
Senior Program Manager
EDI and Engagement Partner