Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Apply Now: New Social Current Collaborative Offers Shared Experience to Support Equity Work
Social Current is offering a learning collaborative on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), starting in September. This 15-month learning collaborative is an opportunity for organizations to build momentum toward achieving their organizational equity goals in a supportive environment with support and guidance from experts and fellow social sector professionals. The application process is now open for organizations to participate—the deadline to apply is June 30.
The learning collaborative will engage two staff from each participating organization, ideally a senior leader and a BIPOC emerging leader in assessing their individual and organizational competency in EDI and developing and implementing their plans for advancing equity. Through Social Current’s learning collaborative approach, participants will receive focused learning from national experts, review real-life case studies, engage in cohort learning forums, and receive team coaching and support.
Participants will benefit from the collaborative model by learning alongside other leaders from around the country who are engaged in the same work. Through bimonthly virtual meetings and an online collaboration portal, participants will be able share ideas and strategies, deepen their insights, and build their professional networks of colleagues who share your goals.
Learning Collaborative Features
- Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) for each participant which provides valuable and actionable information about your personal mindset/skillset toward EDI
- Five one-hour coaching sessions for organizational pairs around developing personal and professional muscle for the equity journey
- Four three-hour learning sessions on the foundations of EDI, implicit bias and cultural humility, adaptive leadership for EDI, and change management
- Networking/and collaboration with other participants—bimonthly 90-minute learning and resource sharing sessions with other learning collaborative participants and national experts
- The development of an EDI plan with support from expert facilitators
- Access to an online portal for connecting with others and sharing/accessing resources
More Information and How to Apply
Apply by submitting the online application by June 30.
Contact Undraye Howard, senior director and special advisor to the CEO for equity, diversity, inclusion and engagement, with questions or for more information.
May 4 from 2:30-3:30 p.m. ET: Optional Informational Webinar
May 12 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. ET: Optional Informational Webinar
June 30: Applications Due
June 27-July 11: Applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews
July 6 and July 12: Interviews to be conducted
July 29: Selected organizations will be notified
Sept. 15: Opening Retreat (Post-conference at SPARK 2022 in Baltimore, Maryland)
- Enterprise Engagement Package Holders and Accredited Organizations: $7200
- Other Organizations: $9000
Seeking One-on-One Support?
For organizations seeking customized or one-on-one support, Social Current offers a variety of tailored EDI consulting services. Contact us to learn more about how Social Current consulting can support your organization.
Getting Started with EDI?
Social Current is offering four sessions of its popular workshop, Advancing EDI for a More Perfect Union in 2022. This workshop lays the groundwork for participants to understand their personal relationships with EDI and organizations’ maturity, the historical context of racism, and how to build organizational EDI action plans. Organizations are encouraged to enroll multiple staff for a collaborative approach. Register now for workshop sessions in June, September, and November.