Social Current Announces Advancing Equity Workshops, Learning Collaborative, and Consulting Services for 2022
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Social Current, formerly the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities and the Council on Accreditation, has announced its 2022 slate of workshops, learning collaboratives, and one-on-one consulting services available for individuals and organizations seeking to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in support of a more equitable society for all. The goal of these programs is to support leaders across a range of sectors in their EDI journeys and to help organizations better understand their role and effectiveness in grounding equity in their work and the systems they represent.
“In the wake of a global pandemic and national racial reckoning, Social Current is working to support organizations wishing to address systemic racial disparities through a collective impact approach, one that reflects the understanding that large-scale social change requires nonprofits, governments, businesses, and the public to collaborate and come together around a common agenda to center equity in all we do,” noted Jody Levison-Johnson, president and CEO of Social Current. “These programs offer the resources, research, and training that can help build an inclusive workforce that enables all people to reach their full potential and furthers the goal of promoting the long-term sustainable change needed to advance an equitable society for all”
“Simply mandating or promoting equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the workplace is not enough,” notes Undraye Howard, senior director of equity, diversity, inclusion and engagement for Social Current. “To realize the benefits, organizations must treat EDI as any other critical resource and commit to building the right infrastructure to support it. Advancing equity is a journey, both for people and for organizations. Equity must be embedded as part of an organization’s culture if it is to be sustainable.”
Social Current Offerings
- Advancing EDI for a More Perfect Union – A three-part virtual workshop that lays the groundwork for participants to understand their personal relationships with EDI and organizations’ maturity, the historical context of racism, and how to build organizational EDI action plans. The workshop will include various presentations, facilitated discussions, reflection opportunities, and dedicated planning time. In addition to learning about core concepts, participants will put ideas into action through a facilitated planning component that creates action plans for their organizations or builds on existing plans. Organizations are encouraged to send multiple staff to collaboratively build or refine current EDI plans for advancement. Register now ($650 for the three part workshop) for workshop sessions in March, June, September, and November. Presenters include:
- Undraye Howard, PhD, Senior Director and Special Advisor to the CEO for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement for Social Current
- Jerica Broeckling, M.A., Engagement Partner for Social Current
- Sheryl White, PhD, Vice President of Training and Organizational Development with the Neighborhood House Association
- Phyllis Richards, M.A., M.S., Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Research for Social Current
- Learning Collaborative on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – A 15-month learning collaborative geared toward organizations who want to build momentum toward achieving their organizational equity goals in a supportive environment with assistance and guidance from experts and fellow social sector professionals. The learning collaborative will engage two staff from each participating organization, ideally a senior leader and a BIPOC emerging leader, to assess their individual and organizational competency in EDI and to develop and implement their plans for advancing equity. Participants will receive focused learning from national experts, review real-life case studies, engage in cohort learning forums, and receive team coaching and support. The collaborative will launch with an opening retreat on September 15. Interested organizations must apply in advance. Applications are due no later than June 30. The fee to join the 15-month collaborative is $9000 with reduced rates for organizations engaged with Social Current.
- One-on-One EDI Consulting Support – For organizations seeking customized or one-on-one support, Social Current offers a variety of tailored EDI consulting services. Contact us to learn more about how our team can support your organization.