Building a Resilient Workforce: Create Culture around Shared Values
April 27 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Organizations that Have an Enterprise Engagement Package and/or Achieved COA Accreditation:
- $50 per session
- $65 per session
- $235 for the entire series (use discount BUNDLE25 – series must be purchased in one transaction to obtain the discount)
You’ve heard the adage, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” It’s true. We need to acknowledge that if our organizational culture is unhealthy, we will struggle to get our work done. Intentionally building a positive staff culture that reflects the organization’s stated values and beliefs, and is aligned with our strategy, is the pathway to building a resilient and thriving organization.
Organizational culture is the shared values, beliefs, customs, and practices that are part of everyday life in an organization. It effects all operations within an organization. A resilient organization has a shared agreement with the employee that we work together to bring to life our stated values by realizing them in our norms, behaviors, customs, and practices.
This webinar, the third session in the Workforce Well-Being and Resilience learning series explores the ingredients of a positive staff culture, and the steps needed to achieve it. Learn strategies for bringing our organizational values into daily interactions, achieving clear and realistic boundaries and expectations, and aligning our culture and strategy to build resilience and success.
About the Webinar Series
As workforce challenges continue to hinder human services organizations, leaders are searching for concrete action steps to support staff who are emotionally and physically exhausted. Though staff often enter the field excited to make a difference, it can be difficult to keep them connected to the vision and mission of the organization.
This four-part webinar series will delve into core strategies and tactics for supporting staff, such as increasing accountability, managing conflict, nurturing relationships, embracing equity, and achieving excellence. Sessions in this series:
- Embed Brain Science: Feb. 21 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- Foster Candidness through Psychological Safety: March 21 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- Create Culture around Shared Values: April 27 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- Integrate Connection and Community: May 16 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- Define organizational culture
- How to realize organizational values in daily interactions
- How to promote boundaries and expectations that support attitudes and behaviors critical to the agency mission and staff well-being
- Steps for aligning organizational culture and strategy
Who Should Participate
- Executive and senior leaders
- Middle managers
- Human resource staff
- Staff with responsibility for EDI
Individuals who are champions for strengthening the workforce culture, regardless of their title, will benefit. This guidance is relevant for all workforces across the human services ecosystem, including at the community, systems, government, and policy levels.
Senior Director, Change in Mind Insitute
Director, Practice Excellence