Generic Service Summary Supplement Definition
PurposeThe Generic Service Summary Supplement validates strong processes, procedures, and structures for programs that are not being reviewed under a specific COA service section.
This supplement should be completed when the organization has opted to include a program in its accreditation review that does not fit under a specific COA service section. When multiple programs are being reviewed using this supplement, each piece of submitted evidence must be combined into one document for upload or one narrative. Speak with your COA Coordinator prior to completing this supplement to determine its applicability to your organization.
InterpretationEvery program should be guided by a program logic model, or equivalent framework, that describes a logical approach for how resources and program activities will support the achievement of positive outcomes, and includes:
- needs the program will address;
- available human, financial, organizational, and community resources (i.e. inputs);
- program activities intended to bring about desired results;
- program outputs (i.e. the size and scope of services delivered);
- desired outcomes (i.e. the changes you expect to see in service recipients); and
- expected long-term impact on the organization, community, and/or system.
Note: The following documents must be available on-site for review:
- List of program personnel that includes:
- Employee, volunteer, or independentr contractor
- Time in current position
- Sample job descriptions from across relevant job categories
- Training curricula
- Documentation tracking staff completion of required trainings and/or competencies
Additionally, the following activities will be conducted during the site visit:
- program director
- relevant personnel
- persons served
- Review personnel files
- Review case records, if applicable
|Self-Study Narrative Evidence|